Benediction: Genesis 28

Here is a benediction based on Genesis 28:10-19, one of the suggested lectionary passages for July 17, 2011 (Proper 11A). 

Benediction
(based on Genesis 28:13-15)

As we go from here, hear again the promises of God,
made long ago to our ancestor Jacob,
and still true for us today:

I am the Lord your God,
the God of Abraham and Isaac.
Know that I am with you,
and will keep you wherever you go.
I will not leave you
until I have done everything that I have promised.

Let’s go from here
in the assurance that our faithful God goes with us.


Genesis 28:10-19 is one of the suggested scripture passages for the fifth Sunday after Pentecost (July 17, 2011).  For more worship resources related to this passage, or other scripture passages for that Sunday, click on Proper 11A in the list of “Labels” at the lower right side of the page.

To see other benedictions, click on benedictions in the list of “Labels” at the right.