Prayer: The Fruit of the Spirit

Here’s a prayer inspired by Galatians 5: 22-26.  It comes from the Heartlight website.

Prayer
(inspired by Galatians 5: 22-26)
Dear Father, grower of spiritual fruit,
Let the fruit of the Spirit blossom, mature, and ripen in my life:
love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
There is no law against these.
Let me possess them!

Since I belong to Christ,
I have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
Let me live by the Spirit.
Let me walk by the Spirit!
Let me show no self-conceit,
give no provocation,
have no envy toward anyone else.
Let me live in, through, and for Christ Jesus,
as he lives in, through, and for me and his whole church.

In the name of Jesus I ask you to perfect us,
whatever that may take,
and give us the grace to endure your renovation process. Amen.