Benediction: Luke 1: 47-55


Here’s a closing commission and benediction inspired by Luke 1: 47-55, Mary’s song of praise (the Magnificat).  It was written by Bruce Prewer.

Commission & Benediction
(inspired by Luke 1:47-55)

Never put your faith in worldly status,
and never underestimate your heavenly importance.

My soul magnifies the Lord,
and my spirit rejoices in God my Saviour.

Let your trust in the coming of Christ soar within you like wings of joy.
Go out into the world and serve one another as God-bearers.

My soul magnifies the Lord,
and my spirit rejoices in God my Saviour.

Grace, mercy and peace, from God our Creator,
through Jesus our Saviour,
in the fellowship of the Holy Spirit our Nurturer,
be with you this day and evermore.
Amen!

~ written by Bruce Prewer, and posted on Bruce Prewer’s Home Page.  http://www.bruceprewer.com/