Psalm 23: "The Lord is My Pace-Setter"


Another paraphrase of the 23rd Psalm….

Psalm 23 for Busy People
“The Lord is My Pace-Setter”

The Lord is my pace-setter:
I shall not rush.
He makes me stop and rest for quiet intervals
He provides me with images of stillness.
Which restores my serenity.
He leads me in the way of efficiency
through calmness of mind
And his guidance is peace.

Even though I have a great many things
to accomplish each day.
I will not fret
For his presence is here.
His timelessness,
His all-importance
will keep me in balance.

He prepares me refreshment and renewal
in the midst of my activity
By anointing my mind with the oil of tranquility
my cup of joyous energy overflows.

Surely harmony and effectiveness
shall be the fruit of my hours,
for I shall walk in the pace of my Lord
and dwell in His house forever.

— Toki Miyashina, posted on the Postkiwi Duncan McLeod blog. 

For more paraphrases of Psalm 23,
click on Psalm 23 in the list of “Labels”
at the lower right side of the page.

For more worship resources for Good Shepherd Sunday,
(the fourth Sunday of Easter),
click on Easter 4 at the right side of the page.