Worship Resources: Easter 3 A



Here is a scriptural benediction and a couple of Invitations to Prayer for the third Sunday of Easter (May 8, 2011). I’ve based them on the Revised Common Lectionary texts for the day. Feel free to adapt them to suit your local context.

Easter 3: Benediction
(based on I Peter 1:17-23)

As you go from here, remember this:
you have been redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ.
So live lives of reverence and awe,
trust in God,
love one another deeply, and with all your heart.
For you have been born again,
through the living and enduring Word of God.
Go in that assurance!


Easter 3: Invitation to Prayer I
(Psalm 116:1-4)

   Our God is gracious and compassionate toward us!
It is he who makes things right.
He bends down to listen when we pray,
and reaches out to save us.
   And so we can bring our prayers before him with confidence,
knowing that he hears us when we pray.


Easter 3: Invitation to Prayer II
(Psalm 116:1-2, New Living Translation)

I love the Lord because he hears my voice
and my prayer for mercy.
Because he bends down to listen,
I will pray as long as I have breath!


For scripturally-based calls to worship for the third Sunday of Easter,