Easter 4: Traditional hymns & choruses


If you are following the lectionary readings for Easter 4 (April 29, 2012), here are a few suggestions for traditional hymns, gospel songs and older choruses that might be suitable.  

Traditional Hymns and Gospel Songs:
Saviour, Like a Shepherd Lead Us, Dorothy Thrupp
The Lord’s My Shepherd, traditional, from the Scottish Psalter
We Shall Walk Through the Valley, traditional spiritual
All the Way My Saviour Leads Me, Fanny Crosby
He Leadeth Me, Joseph Gilmore
Day by Day, Carolina Sandell Berg
The King of Love My Shepherd Is, Henry W. Baker
In Heavenly Love Abiding, Anna L. Waring
If Christ is Mine, Benjamin Beddome
Lead Me, Guide Me (“I am weak and I need thy strength”), Doris Akers
O Thou, in Whose Presence, Joseph Swain
My Shepherd Will Supply My Need, Isaac Watts
Great Shepherd of Your People, John Newton
Praise Him, Praise Him, Fanny Crosby
Shepherd of Souls, Refresh and Bless, James Montgomery
All People That on Earth Do Dwell, William Kethe
God Leads Us Along, G.A. Young

Older choruses:
Gentle Shepherd, Gloria and William Gaither
All Through the Day, Tom Howard
His Name is Wonderful, Audrey Mieir
Spirit Song (“O let the Son of God”), John Wimber
Surely Goodness (“A pilgrim was I”), John Peterson, Alfred Smith
The Lord is My Shepherd, Keith Green, Melody Green-Sievright
The Lord is My Shepherd, John Michael Talbot
Healer of My Soul, John Michael Talbot


For other worship resources for the 4th Sunday of Easter, click on Easter 4 in the list of "Labels" at the right.