Christmas Prayer: John 1

Here’s a prayer of petition and commitment from the Christian Aid website.

Prayer

'In the beginning was the Word ...
to all who received him, who believed in his name,
he gave power to become children of God.' (John 1:1,12)

Inspiring Word, 
move over the chaos within me, 
calling forth form and order, 
that I may know you in my shaping, 
and in the shaping, 
surrender my life to yours.

Illuminating Word, 
pierce the darkness within me, 
calling forth insight and understanding, 
that I may know you in my seeing, 
and in seeing, 
follow the way of your kingdom.

Incarnate Word, 
indwell the life within me, 
calling forth passion and purpose, 
that I may know you in my living, 
and in living, 
embody you for the world.

~ written by Pat Bennett, from Hay and Stardust, Wild Goose Publications, 2009. Posted on the Monthly Prayers page of the Christian Aid website. http://www.christianaid.org.uk/