Prayer: Psalm 119: 97-104

Here’s a lovely responsive prayer inspired by Psalm 119: 97-104. It was written by Rev. Jan Brooks of Cottonwood Falls Presbyterian Church in Kansas.

Prayer
(based on Psalm 119:97-104)

Oh, how I love your law!
I meditate on it from the rise of the sun to its setting.
Your commands are always with me
and make me wiser than the world that surrounds me.
Your Words gives me more insight than my teachers,
for I meditate on your statutes
until they become part of me.
I have more understanding than the elders,
for I obey your precepts and live by their words.
Because you yourself have taught me,
I have no need to stray from your law and your path.
O Holy God, how sweet your words are to taste,
sweeter than honey on the tongue.
Because you desire us to know your holy Word,
help us to read it night and day.

O Holy Spirit, come to us this day
and teach us sweet words again!
Make our minds and thoughts richer,
so that we may know your law
and your word can show us
your loving and wise heart. Amen.

~ written by Rev. Jan Brooks, Cottonwood Falls Presbyterian Church, Kansas.