Confession of Faith: Baptism of Jesus

Here’s an affirmation of faith inspired by the baptism of Jesus Christ in the Jordan River.  It was written by Bruce Prewer.

A Creed
(inspired by Mark 1:9-11, Matthew 3:13-17, Luke 3:21-23,
Galatians 3:27, Romans 6:3-6)

I believe in God
who speaks through the prophets
and lifts our gaze up to high and beautiful paths and peaks.

I believe in Christ Jesus,
free of corruption yet willingly numbered among the sinners,
baptised in the waters of the Jordan.

I believe in the Spirit
who rested on Jesus like a dove,
and who inspired him with such love
as the world has not seen before or since.

I believe that those who are baptised into Christ
shall share his Spirit, his mission
and his ultimate victory over sin and death.

I believe that there is no human ability that cannot be enlarged,
and no weakness that cannot be used by Christ to the praise of God.

I believe that this believing is a gift from God,
not to be used for self-gratification
but for the building up of the church
and for humble service the world

I believe in myself as a baptised child of God,
the recipient of a healing grace
which precedes and supersedes all my efforts to be true.
With the help of God,
I will attempt to live my belief all the days of my life,
and by his grace, dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Amen!

~ written by Bruce Prewer, and posted on Bruce Prewer’s Home page. http://www.bruceprewer.com/DocA/10BAPTIS.htm