Prayer: Lamentations 3: 19-26

Here’s a responsive prayer inspired by Lamentations 3: 19-26.  It was written by Bruce Prewer.

Prayer
(inspired by Lamentations 3: 19-26)

God, in my distress I go round in circles,
and my mouth feels bitter with bile.
I can’t get my worries out of my head,
my soul seems as heavy as lead.

Now is the time for me to focus on you,
to have hope and be positive.
For your love is never in debit
and your grace knows no limit.

Your mercies are new each morning,
so wonderful is your faithfulness.
“God is my fortune,” is my song,
therefore my hope is forever young.

God is good to those who wait patiently,
and blesses the soul who seeks sincerely.
There is nothing better than to wait quietly
and bask in the salvation of God, faithfully.

~ written by Bruce Prewer. Copyright ©  B.D. Prewer 2003 & 2012.  Posted on Bruce Prewer’s Home Page.  http://www.bruceprewer.com/