Prayer: Master Potter

Here’s a prayer of commitment inspired by Jeremiah 18:1-11 and Isaiah 64:8.  It was written by Stephen & Brooksyne Weber.

Prayer: Master Potter
(inspired by Jeremiah 18:1-11, Isaiah 64:8)

Father, too often my heart becomes hard,
unpliable, and unmoved because of my stubborn will
or due to my own ignorance. 
My pride convinces me that I know best
and I become reckless along the way. 
I want to trust You as the Master Potter
when You break my will to remove my imperfections. 
Though it is a painful, humbling and deliberate process
I invite You to realign my heart’s desires
and reshape my will according to Your purpose. 
As I go through this purifying process
help me to stand firm during the testing periods of my life. 
I want to be a vessel of honor that brings glory to You. 
In Jesus’ Name I pray. Amen.

~ Stephen & Brooksyne Weber.  Posted on Daily Encouragement. http://dailyencouragement.wordpress.com/2010/11/01/thou-art-the-potter-i-am-the-clay/