Litany: Jeremiah 1: 4-10

Here’s a responsive litany of Jeremiah 1: 4-10.  It was adapted by J. Thurman.

Responsive Litany
(based on Jeremiah 1: 4-10)

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
I do not know how to speak.
I am only a child.
“Do not say, ‘I am only a child.’
You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you.
Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you.”
The Lord calls me.
The Lord touches me.
“Now, I have put my words in your mouth.
See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms
to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant.”
Lord, you have called me.
Lord you have touched me.
Lord, grant me the vision to live out Your calling. Amen.

~ Based on Jeremiah 1:4-10; adapted by J. Thurman. Posted on the unlikeliest of places. http://www.consideryourcall.org/sites/default/files/CYC-Media/Toolbox/Materials/Worship-Toolbox.pdf