Prayer for the Fruit of the Spirit

Here’s a prayer of petition for the fruits of the Spirit written by Jeanie Cullip.

Prayer

God, I ask for Your love to be so profound and powerful in my life
so that I am able to fully experience it.
May Your love flow through me unto others. (John 15:10)

God, I ask You for 
joy no matter the circumstances. (John 15:11)

God, I ask You for Your presence in my life.
In it I will find peace that passes all understanding. (Philippians 4:7)

God, I ask You to help me trust You with my life. (James 1:4)

God, I ask You to clothe me in Your kindness,
compassion, humility, gentleness and patience. (Colossians 3:12)
I pray that Your brand of kindness will grow within me
so that I can sacrifice my life for others with acts of kindness
just as You did on the cross.

God, I ask You for Your goodness to be sown within my soul
which will lead me to produce good deeds. (Matthew 12:35)

God, I ask You to give me the ability to be solid, steadfast,
dependable, reliable, loyal and trustworthy.
Give me the strength and wisdom
to do what is right no matter what! (Luke 16:10)

God, I ask that I can be gentle and meek as Jesus was,
being considerate of the feelings and needs of others. (2 Corinthians 10:1)

God, I ask for You to plant within me self-control.
Help me make every effort to add to my faith, goodness.
To my goodness add, knowledge.
To my knowledge add, self-control, to my self-control add, perseverance.
To my perseverance add, godliness. (2 Peter 1:5-6)

God help me to plant good seeds of love, joy, peace, patience,
kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
gentleness and self-control. (Galatians 5:22-23)

Pull up any weeds that I may have grown up around my soul.
Feed the soil of my heart with Your Word.
Holy Spirit, water it afresh and new every day
that I may produce a crop of spiritual fruit
that will make You proud. Amen