Prayer of Thanksgiving: God the Father

Here’s a prayer of thanksgiving to God the Father for his care and provision.  It was written by Charlotte Kuchinsky.

Prayer of Thanksgiving

Lord,
I am humbled by your greatness;
Re-fortified with your strength;
Amazed at your compassion;
Thankful for your forgiveness;
Blinded by all you've provided;
Impelled to do more for others;
Filled with great awe and wonder;
Comforted in your loving arms.

For all that I am and could be
Comes from watching you provide
What your children require.
You are the perfect mentor.
You guide me down the right road
Holding my hand so I don't fall;
Whispering words I need to hear
While providing moral support.

You are the ultimate Father.
There is none better than You!
As Father’s Day rolls around,  
I thank you for all you've done.
While words alone are not enough
I pray I can show you in deeds
To fill Your heart with great pride
Not for one day, but for always.  Amen.

— published by Charlotte Kuchinsky, on Yahoo! Voices. 

For more worship resources for Father’s Day, click on Father’s Day in the list of “Labels” at the lower right side of the page.