Shepherd Prayer

Here’s a prayer litany based on Scripture passages about God as Shepherd.  It comes from Jeanie Rose’s Pray the Scripture website.

Good Shepherd Prayer
(based on Psalm 23, Ezekiel 34:11-24, John 10, Revelation 22:17)

I am the Good Shepherd and I know my sheep. My sheep recognize and listen to my voice. I know them and they follow Me. I give them eternal life and they shall never perish.

Lord, You are my Shepherd. I shall not want.

In the dark and cloudy day that you were scattered, I sought you out to deliver you from places of chaos, devastation, panic, and fear.

Lord, You are my Shepherd. I shall not want. You Lord are my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear: You are the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?

I am the Good Shepherd. You shall not hunger or thirst, neither shall the heat nor the sun strike you down. For in mercy I will lead you and by springs of water I will guide you.

He makes me to lie down in green pastures. He leads me by still waters.

I am the Lamb in the midst of the throne. I will tend you, shepherd you, lead you to living fountains of water. And God, your Creator shall wipe away all tears from your eyes.

Lord, You are my Shepherd. I shall not want.

There is a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God. And I say come. You who are thirsting….. come!

And the bride says “Come!” Let each of us who hears say “Come!” Let us each who thirsts come to the river. Let us take the water of life freely and deeply into the areas of our needs.

— from Jeanie Rose’s Pray the Scriptures website.