Here’s a prayer of intercession for Mother’s Day. It comes from the Uniting Church SA website.
Prayers of the People for Mother’s Day
God our Creator, we thank you for your gift of Marvellous Mums.
We pray for
* expectant mothers, wondering and waiting;
* new mothers, coming to terms with new responsibility;
* mothers who are tired, stressed or depressed;
* mothers who struggle to balance the tasks of work and family;
* mothers who are unable to feed their children due to poverty;
* mothers whose children have physical, mental
or emotional disabilities;
* mothers who have children they do not want
and those suffering the results of an abortion;
* mothers who raise children on their own;
* mothers who have lost a child;
* those who ‘mother’ the children of others:
step mothers and mothers in blended families;
* mothers whose children have left home;
* and for those whose desire to be a mother
has not been fulfilled
Bless all mothers,
that their love may be deep and tender,
and that they may lead their children
to know and do what is good,
living not for themselves alone,
but for you and for others.
Help us to honour our mothers as a gift from you.
And help us to let them know that to us they are
truly ‘Marvellous Mums’ — today and always.
We pray in Jesus name. Amen.
— from Marvelous Mums: An Intergenerational Worship Resource for Mother’s Day on the Uniting Church SA website. http://mrn.sa.uca.org.au/
For more worship resources for Mothers’ Day, click on Mothers’ Day in the “Labels” on the right.