Hymn for Easter: What Wondrous Love

Katherine Hawker (Liturgy Outside) has written this updated text for the much-loved American folk hymn, What Wondrous Love.

what wondrous love

What wondrous love is this, O my soul, O my soul!
What wondrous love is this, O my soul!
What wondrous love is this that Christ should come from bliss
To share the hate and strife, O my soul, O my soul!
To share the hate and strife, O my soul.

Compassion stirs within, let it be, let it be.
Compassion stirs within, let it be.
Compassion stirs within – a challenge to begin.
Providing healing balm, may it be, may it be.
Providing healing balm, may it be.

For love that knows no end, we give thanks, we give thanks.
For love that knows no end, we give thanks.
For love that knows no end, that finds a way to mend
May we rest in this grace, and give thanks, and give thanks.
May we rest in this grace, and give thanks.

— written by Katherine Hawker, and posted on the Liturgy Outside website. http://www.liturgyoutside.net/

For more worship resources for Easter, click on Easter in the list of “Labels” at the lower right side of the page.