Thanksgiving Challenge: Psalm 50: 7-15

O My people, listen as I speak.
Here are my charges against you, O Israel.
I am God, your God!

I have no complaint about your sacrifices
or the burnt offerings you constantly bring to My altar.
But I want no more bulls from your barns;
I want no more goats from your pens.
For all the animals of the forest are mine,
and I own the cattle on a thousand hills.
Every bird of the mountains
and all the animals of the field belong to Me.
If I were hungry, I would not mention it to you,
for all the world is Mine and everything in it.
I don’t need the bulls you sacrifice;
I don’t need the blood of goats.
What I want instead is your true thanks to God;
I want you to fulfil your vows to the Most High.
Trust Me in your times of trouble,
and I will rescue you,
and you will give Me glory….

Giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honours Me.
If you keep to My path,
I will reveal to you the salvation of God.


For more creative worship resources for Thanksgiving Sunday or Harvest celebrations, click on Thanksgiving Sunday in the list of “Labels” at the lower right side of the page, or see this Thanksgiving Day Resources index.