Responsive Psalm: Psalm 25: 1-9

Here’s a simple responsive version of Psalm 25:1-9, one of the suggested scripture readings for September 25, 2011 (Proper 21A).  It uses the New Revised Standard Version of scripture.

A Responsive Reading
of Psalm 25: 1-9

To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
O my God, in You I trust;
do not let me be put to shame;
do not let my enemies rejoice over me.
Do not let those who wait for You be put to shame;
let them be ashamed who are wantonly treacherous.

Make me to know Your ways, O Lord;
teach me Your paths.
Let me in Your truth, and teach me,
for You are the God of my salvation;
for You I wait all day long.

Be mindful of Your mercy, O Lord,
and of Your steadfast love,
for they have been from of old.

Do not remember the sins of my youth or my transgressions;
according to Your steadfast love remember me,
for Your goodness’ sake, O Lord!

Good and upright is the Lord;
therefore He instructs sinners in the way.
He leads the humble in what is right,
and teaches the humble His way.


For more worship resources related to this text, or other texts for September 25, 2011 (the fifteenth Sunday after Pentecost), click on Proper 21A in the list of “Labels” at the lower right side of the page.