Prayer of Confession: Psalm 139


I've tried to hide from your searching gaze,
Love's Delight:
  I've climbed mountains,
     and burrowed deep into earth's caverns;
  I've fled to the farthest edges of my soul,
     and longed to sail in my fears to the dark side of the moon.
And wherever I go  -
                              you are waiting for me!
Even in the dimmest corners of my heart,
  your light is able to find me.


Lost,
     I am found;
afraid to speak of my sinfulness -
     you hear my stumbling words
     before i shape them in my mind;
unable to help myself -
     you redeem me through the gracious love
     of Jesus Christ, my Lord, my Savior.


Silence is kept

Assurance of Pardon
In sorrow so deep we cannot find our way out,
      God cradles us in comfort;
in moments so dark, we stumble over ourselves,
    God lights the way;
in joy which cascades into our souls,
   God fills us with healing.
Even when we cannot see it, God's hope is all around us, surrounding us with peace and healing.  Thanks be to God, we are forgiven.  Amen.


— © Thom M. Shuman 2011. Posted on his Lectionary Liturgies blog.