Psalm 23: "I Have No Shepherd"


Here is another reverse paraphrase of Psalm 23, exploring life without God. It was written by 15-year-old Anna Thompson.

Psalm 23
Reverse Paraphrase

I have no shepherd, I need a shepherd.
I am caught in the desert.
I am thirsty
and no one is telling me where to go.
I am lost and no one cares.
I am scared of evil, because I am alone.
 
I am the strongest thing in my life.
There is no greater or more powerful Being
to comfort or protect me.
I must be alone with my enemies,
with no one to help me.

The cup of my life and my soul
are empty and dry.
I seek after goodness and mercy
but never find it.
I have no home;
nothing is certain.

—Anna Thompson (age 15),
Check out other reverse paraphrases of Psalm 23 on their site.

For more paraphrases of Psalm 23 on this blog,
click on Psalm 23 in the list of “Labels”
at the lower right side of the page.

For more worship resources for Good Shepherd Sunday,
(the fourth Sunday of Easter),
click on Easter 4 at the right side of the page.