Prayer of Confession: Triumphal Entry

Here’s a prayer of confession and words of assurance for Palm / Passion Sunday.  It was written by John Birch.

Confession

Jesus rode into Jerusalem
not as a conquering king but in humility,
the Servant King,
ready to complete the task for which he had walked this world.

Forgive us those times when we think too highly of ourselves
and remind us always that you ask from us
lives dedicated to service,
to you and to our neighbours,
wherever and whoever they might be.
Enable us to take off our cloaks of self-righteousness
and lay them down at your feet.

Words of Assurance

‘Then I acknowledged my sin to you
and did not cover up my iniquity.
 I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord” –
and you forgave the guilt of my sin.’ Psalm 32:5

— written by John Birch, and posted on his Faith and Worship website. http://www.faithandworship.com/

For more worship resources for Palm/Passion Sunday, click on Palm Sunday in the list of “Labels” at the lower right side of the page.