Call to Worship & Prayer: Psalm 30

Here’s a call to worship and opening prayer based on Psalm 30.  It was written by Moira Laidlaw.

Call to Worship
(based on Psalm 30)
 
I will praise you, O God, for you have lifted me up
and have given my enemies no cause to rejoice.
Hearing my cries for help, you healed me;
bringing me from the very depths of hell, you restored my life.
Let all faithful people give thanks,
and praise God's holy name.
For your anger, O God, lasts but a moment,
while your graciousness lasts a lifetime.
Weeping lingers for a night,
but joy comes with the morning.
You  have transformed my life from mourning to joy,
making my  spirit dance and my heart sing.
May our praise never be silenced as we give thanks,
and praise God for ever and ever.

Prayer of Praise and Adoration

God of healing and wholeness, we come with thanksgiving in our hearts for all the evidence of your goodness and mercy - found not only in stories of old, but in lives today.  Lives bruised with tragedy find consolation when touched by your gracious Spirit;  lives scarred with suffering and rejection have hope renewed through the power of the living Christ.  We praise and adore you for hearts and lives transformed by your grace and mercy and we pray that our lives will reflect your great acts of kindness. Arouse in us we pray, a love like yours so that we reach out to this wounded and troubled world with the compassion of Christ, proclaiming the gospel with integrity to friends and strangers alike. This we pray in Jesus' name. Amen.

— written by Moira Laidlaw, and posted on Liturgies Online