Affirmation of Faith: Christmas Eve

Here’s an affirmation of faith for Christmas Eve.  It was written by Bruce Prewer, and posted on his excellent website, Bruce Prewer's Homepage.

I Do Believe

I believe in God whose light shines in the darkness,
and the darkness can never smother it.

I believe that on a night like this night in Bethlehem
there was born a Saviour,
who is Christ the Lord.

I believe in the Word who has become incarnate, our very flesh and blood,
yet full of grace and truth.

I believe in the blessed appearing of the salvation of our God,
that is for the happiness of all people.

I believe in his name as Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of peace;
Of the increase of his rule and of his unique peace,
there will be no end.
The zeal of the God of hosts will do this.

This I surely believe!

— written by Bruce Prewer, and posted on Bruce Prewer’s Homepage 

For more worship resources for Advent and Christmas, see the indexes at the top right side of this blog, or click on Advent or Christmas in the list of “Labels” at the lower right side of the page.