Confession: God's Extravagant Gifts

Here’s a prayer of confession from the Seeker’s Church.

Litany of Confession
     
Leader:   Alice Walker wrote: "But one day when I was sitting quiet and feeling like a motherless child, which I was, it come to me:  that feeling of being part of everything, not separate at all.  I knew that if I cut a tree, my arm would bleed.  And I laughed and cried and I run all around the house. I knew just what it was. In fact, when it happen, you can't miss it...I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple somewhere and don't notice it."

All:         Every day, we walk by the color purple,
              or green, or yellow, or blue,
              and we don't notice it.

Leader:   Every day, we refuse to hear
              the sound of laughter,
              or footsteps, or birdsong,
              or weeping.

All:         Every day, God’s extravagant gifts
              surround us
              and fill us
              and connect us
              with every one and every thing,
              and we don’t notice it.

(Individual prayers of confession)

Assurance      
Leader: Come and hear what God has done:
            Even when we don’t notice,
            God’s extravagant gifts continue
            to surround us
            and fill us
            and connect us
            with every one and every thing,
            showering our lives with grace.


For more creative worship resources for Thanksgiving Sunday or Harvest celebrations, click on Thanksgiving Sunday in the list of “Labels” at the lower right side of the page, or see this Thanksgiving Day Resources index. 

For other resources related to confession on this blog, click on Confession or words of assurance in the list of “Labels” at the lower right side of the page, or see this Confession & Assurance index.