Words of Assurance: Proper 8A

Here are a few “Words of Assurance” to follow a time of confession.  They are based on Psalm 13, Romans 6 and Psalm 89—a few of the suggested lectionary texts for June 26, 2011 (also known as Proper 8A).  If you are looking for other creative worship resources for that Sunday, click on Proper 8A in the list of “Labels” at the lower right side of the page.


Words of Assurance 1
(Psalm 13:5-6, New Living Translation)

I will trust in your unfailing love;
I will rejoice because you have rescued me!
I will sing to the Lord,
because he has been so good to me.


Words of Assurance 2
(based on Romans 6:16-17; 22-23)

Once we were slaves to sin,
living lives that led only to death. 
But thanks be to God! 
In his mercy, he has set us free from the power of sin and death,
and has offered us eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord! 
Now we are free to choose life,
and to use our lives to bring honour and glory to God!
Thanks be to God!


Words of Assurance 3
(based on Psalm 89:1-2)

I will sing about the wonders of Your love forever, O God!
I will proclaim Your faithfulness to everyone I meet – young and old.
For Your merciful love lasts forever,
as constant as the heavens above.
Blessed are those who trust in You,
who walk in the light of Your presence.