Dramatic Reading: Acts 9

Here’s a dialogue between Saul before his conversion on the Damascus Road and afterward (as Paul).  It was written by Roddy Hamilton, and posted on Mucky Paws.

Dialogue between Saul and Paul
(inspired by the events in Acts 9)

I am Saul
I am Paul

I am passionate about my faith
I am passionate about my faith

I will work tirelessly for what I believe in
and I recognize that may hurt others
in order to keep the faith
I will work tirelessly for my beliefs too
and I also recognize that doing so can hurt others
but living the faith is never going to be easy

I have made a choice to put myself on the line for my faith
and if those who are out to destroy the faith get in the way,
then I will move them out the way
I have made a choice to put myself on the line for my faith
and will continue to do so
even in the face of those who want to move me out the way

I am Saul
I am Paul

Faith is everything to me.
It must be kept true at all costs.
It is too vital to my culture,
my traditions and how I understand life
Faith is everything to me.
It must stand true at all costs.
It is too vital for the Good News
for traditions and culture to stand in the way
of this new understanding of life

I will seek out those who destroy the faith
I will seek out those who limit the faith

I will keep our borders pure
and our traditions clean from contamination
I will cross every border
and welcome in Jew and Gentile, slave and free

I am Saul
I am Paul

I will work for the authorities
I will work for Jesus Christ

I will hold tight to the church
I will break open the church

I will keep the faith pure
I will keep the faith growing

I will be the death of Christianity
And I will be its life

I am Saul
I am Paul

~ written by Rev. Roddy Hamilton, Minister of New Kilpatrick Church.  Posted on the Church of Scotland’s Starters for Sunday website. http://www.churchofscotland.org.uk/worship/starters_for_sunday/