Affirmation of Faith: God Remains

Here’s an affirmation of faith inspired by Matthew 24:1-14, Mark 13:1-13, Luke 21:5-19. It was written by Bruce Prewer.

Affirmation of Faith
(inspired by Matthew 24:1-14, Mark 13:1-13, Luke 21:5-19)

This I truly believe.

I believe in Jesus the Christ.
I believe in the ever-present Spirit
I believe in God whose love transforms all things.

Though false teachers come and delude the gullible,
God’s truth remains sure.

Though temples crumble and churches wither,
God’s gospel remains sure.

Though earthquakes strike and diseases ravage,
God’s purpose remains sure.

Though good people suffer injustice and persecution,
God’s love remains sure.

Though saints go to prison or face execution,
God’s life remains sure.

I believe in God who treasures and nurtures us,
who yearns over the fate of each one as if they were all,
and who turns loss to gain and defeat to victory.
This I truly believe.
Amen!

~ written by Bruce Prewer, and posted on Bruce Prewer’s Home Page. http://www.bruceprewer.com/DocC/C63sun33.htm