Prayer for a New Year; Drenched in Holiness

Here’s a New Year’s prayer of commitment and supplication.  It was written by Debbie Ford.

New Year’s Prayer: Drenched in Holiness

Dear God, Spirit, Divine Mother,
On this day I ask You to grant this request…
May I know who I am and what I am,
every moment of every day.
May I be a catalyst for light and love,
and bring inspiration to those whose eyes I meet.
May I have the strength to stand tall in the face of conflict,
and the courage to speak my voice, even when I’m scared.
May I have the humility to follow my heart,
and the passion to live my soul’s desires.
May I seek to know the highest truth
and dismiss the gravitational pull of my lower self.
May I embrace and love the totality of myself…
my darkness as well as my light.
May I be brave enough to hear my heart…
to let it soften so that I may gracefully
choose faith over fear.
Today is my day to surrender anything that stands
between the sacredness of my humanity and my divinity.
May I be drenched in my Holiness
and engulfed by Your love.
May all else melt away.
And so it is.

~ written by Debbie Ford, and posted on Xavier University’s JesuitResource.org website. http://www.xavier.edu/jesuitresource/online-resources/Thanksgiving-Prayers.cfm