Psalm 42: A Prayer

Here’s a prayer setting of Psalm 42 from Kansas Bob’s Daily Prayer blog.

Prayer
(based on Psalm 42)

As a deer longs for flowing streams,
so my soul longs for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for you the living God.

Come in power, Almighty God!

My tears seem to be my food day and night;
my tears seems to speak to me and say, “Where is your God?”

Answer my tears, O compassionate Father!

Yet these things I remember as I pour out my soul:
how sweet your presence is and how exhilarating it is
to worship you with shouts of joy amongst your people.

I rejoice in you, O joy giving Lord!

These are the things I ponder:
why my soul is sad and in turmoil within me?
I want to hope in you God.
I want to experience your power.

O come, Holy Spirit!

Yet even now, when my soul is cast down within me,
I remember you in the land of trials and testing.

I trust in you, Jesus!

I want to hear your voice Lord like the sounds of great waterfalls,
speaking with power and having powerful affects.

Come, O Holy Shepherd!

You are my rock, the One in whom I have trusted…
yet I sometime feel forgotten,
I often mourn so many losses.
I sometimes feel oppressed.

Come, O God of deliverance!

My soul will not be cast down forever…
the turmoil will end…
my hope is in you Lord…
I shall praise you afresh.

Jesus is my salvation and my God! 

Amen

~ written by Kansas Bob, and posted on Daily Prayer. http://praying.kansasbob.com/2009/05/praying-psalm-42.html