Ash Wednesday Confession


Here’s a prayer of confession for Ash Wednesday from Joanna Harader’s Spacious Faith blog.

Prayer of Confession for Ash Wednesday
(based on Psalm 51)

God of Compassion,
We turn toward you now. We rend our hearts.
Forgive our pride and forgive our insecurities.
Forgive our self-absorption and forgive our self-destruction.
Forgive our doubts and forgive our confidence.
Forgive our longing for attention and forgive our desire to hide.
Forgive each step we take away from you.
“Create in me a clean heart, O God. And renew a right spirit within me.
Do not cast me away from your presence. Do not take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of my salvation, and grant a willing spirit to sustain me.”

~ posted by Joanna Harader on Spacious Faith. http://spaciousfaith.com/