Psalm 146 Opening Litany

Here’s an opening litany based on Psalm 146.  It was written by Dan Bollerud.

Opening Litany
(based on Psalm 146)

Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, O my soul! 

I will praise the Lord as long as I live
and will sing praises to my God all my whole life long. 

Do not put your trust in mortals, the powers of this world,
for they are no help,
when their breath departs,
they return to the earth like everyone else
and on that very day their plans perish. 

Happy are those whose help and hope is in the Lord our God
who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them
and who keeps faith for ever

For it is the Lord our God who executes justice for the oppressed
and gives food to the hungry. 

The Lord sets the prisoners free and opens the eyes of the blind.
The Lord lifts up those who are bowed down and loves the righteous. 

The Lord watches over the strangers
and upholds the orphan and the widow,
but the way of the wicked the Lord will bring to ruin. 

The Lord will reign forever and our God for all generations. 
I will indeed praise the Lord with my whole life.

~ written by Pastor Dan Bollerud, on Pastor Dan’s Grace Notes. http://coslcgrace.blogspot.ca/