Readers' Theatre: Job 42


Here’s a readers’ theatre setting of Job 42:1-6, 10-17 (The Voice™. http://www.hearthevoice.com/  translation).  It is set for three readers.

Readers’ Theatre
(Job 42:1-6, 10-13, 16-17)

One:     Job said to God:

Two:    I know You can do everything;
            nothing You do can be foiled or frustrated.
            You asked,

Three:   Who is this that conceals counsel
            with empty words void of knowledge?

Two:    and now I see that I spoke of—but did not comprehend—
            great wonders that are beyond me.
            I didn’t know.
            You said,

Three:   Hear Me now, and I will speak.
            I’ll be asking the questions,
            and you will supply the answers.

Two:    Before I knew only what I heard of You,
            but now I have seen You.
            Therefore I realize the truth:
            I disavow and mourn all I have said
            and repent in dust and ash.

One:     The Eternal One restored the fortunes of Job
            after he prayed for his friends;
            He even doubled the wealth he had before.
            All of his brothers and sisters,
            along with those he had known earlier,
            came and shared meals with him at his house.
            They sympathized with him and consoled him
            regarding the great distress the Eternal had brought on him.
            Each guest gave him a sum of money and each, a golden ring.
            The Eternal One blessed the last part of Job’s life
            even more than the first part.
            He went on to possess 14,000 sheep,
               6,000 camels,
                  1,000 teams of oxen,
                     and 1,000 female donkeys.
            He also fathered seven more sons and three more daughters.

            After all this, Job lived 140 years.
            He lived to see his children and their children and so on,
            to the fourth generation.
            Then Job died,
            old, and satisfied with his days.

~ Scripture taken from The Voice™. http://www.hearthevoice.com/  Copyright © 2006, 2007, 2008 by Ecclesia Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved.