Psalm 23: "God, the Father"


Here’s another paraphrase of the 23rd psalm, written by Tom Wolthuis.


God, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, is my guide.
I want nothing else.
He orders my hours so I can rest.
He leads me to the well of living water.
He focuses my life on the essential.
He directs me in productive ways
so that his purposes are clear.

Even when I crawl through the tunnel of dark depression,
I will not fear destruction,
for you are with me;
Your strong hands and gentle nudges,
they comfort me.

You host a banquet in my honor,
before those who would dishonor me.
You shower me with gifts.
You continue to pour out blessings.
Surprisingly and certainly,
beauty and unfailing love pursue every moment of my life.
My home is in God’s presence now and always.

—written by Tom Wolthuis.

For more paraphrases of Psalm 23,
click on Psalm 23 in the list of “Labels”
at the lower right side of the page.

For more worship resources for Good Shepherd Sunday,
(the fourth Sunday of Easter),
click on Easter 4 at the right side of the page.