Psalm 23: "Because the Lord is My Shepherd"


Here’s a version of the 23rd psalm that will sound familiar to those who grew up with The Living Bible.

Psalm 23

Because the Lord is my Shepherd,
I have everything I need!

He lets me rest in the meadow grass and
leads me beside the quiet streams.

He restores my failing health.
He helps me do what honors him the most.

Even when walking through
the dark valley of death
I will not be afraid,
for you are close beside me,
guarding, guiding me all the way.

You provide delicious food for me
in the presence of my enemies.
You have welcomed me as your guest;
blessings overflow!

Your goodness and unfailing kindness
shall be with me all of my life,
and afterwards I will live with you
forever in your home.

— from The Living Bible1971, Tyndale House Publishers)

For more paraphrases of Psalm 23,
click on Psalm 23 in the list of “Labels”
at the lower right side of the page.

For more worship resources for Good Shepherd Sunday,
(the fourth Sunday of Easter),
click on Easter 4 at the right side of the page.